Suggested style guide for page titles:
Best practice for WordPress post or page titles or headings – best for Google and easiest to read or scan for people.
For the main title or heading – type into the box at the top of the page, where it says ‘Enter title here‘:
For SEO – to help get found by Google:
- Use between 40 & 55 characters (including spaces)
- Put the main keyword(s) at the beginning of the page title (or as near as possible)
- Describe the page content
- Include as many appropriate keywords as possible (nouns and adjectives)
For consistency and to follow accepted conventions:
- Capitalise the first word and proper names (e.g. People’s names and places)
- Use lower case for all other words
- No full stop
- Font size and formatting is set to an automatic default in WordPress.
E.g. Page title: Barn Owl nestboxes for inside buildings